Sunday, March 22, 2009

Surprise Visit from Josh and Kaija

I love surprises! I just don't like knowing about them. If someone said that they had my Christmas present for 2009, it would drive me crazy not knowing what it was. This surprise was perfect because no one told me to expect a surprise. So, on March 18th, I came home from work and was very tired. I showered and got into my pj's expecting a take-it-easy evening. As I was relaxing on the sofa I heard a Bam-Bam-Bam at the door. James asked me to go get it and I said I couldn't I was in my pj's, so he went. I heard Josh's laugh and couldn't believe it. I said, "That sounds like Josh?" Matt and Katherine were nodding. Seems everyone but me knew--now that is frustrating--I don't like being the ONLY one left in the dark. But it was a wonderful surprise.





We didn't have a lot planned, we had Stake Temple Day the next day and Josh and Kaija treated us to Calamity Jane's in Sandy for the best burgers. We didn't do a lot, but we had fun sitting and visiting. Matt and Josh played with their cards.



















Saturday night Josh and Kaija made 'Monte Cristo's", or deep fried sandwiches and served fresh fruit with it. Josh had this on his mission and it was so good!


1 comments:

The Kammeyers said...

I know Josh & Kaija were very excited to surprise you all! :) Glad you had a fun time with them!

You did a very thorough job of documenting your recent happenings! :) You should definitely use the blog as a keepsake journal of sorts (I'm in the process of doing that for our blog, too). :)

Love ya,
~Lauren