Friday, April 17, 2009

Onward to Seattle-! The Last Hurrah with the Laurels.




Susan Scott and I decided it would be a fun idea to take the Laurels to Seattle where we would stay the night at Mom's in Mountlake Terrace and then spend Saturday in downtown Seattle and head back to Portland from there. We picked up the girls directly after school at 1530. Since Anna was married in March, the only Laurels we had left were Katie Ward, Heather Gruwell and Megan Farris. The five of us had a fantastic time! We arrived in Seattle about 1930 and after getting settled at Mom's we drove to Chipotles in Lynnwood for dinner. In the evening we had fun visiting with each other doing exercises.








Saturday morning after a breakfast of German Pancakes, we headed toward downtown Seattle for a day of fun! The first stop was the Ferries; we boarded the ferry to Bainbridge Island and then returned; it was cold and windy up on deck, but the girls loved it.













From there we drove to Pike Place Market and spent a couple hours browsing through the shops and enjoying the beautiful flowers, the colorful fruit and fish market and most of all, the unique people.
























For a late lunch, Susan and I treated the girls to 'Ivar's Salmon House' on Lake Union. Their fish and chips were scrumptious.

































Our last stop was 'Gas Works Park'. We walked around all the equipment and watched the people and looked at the Seattle skyline. We headed home about 1945.

I enjoyed working with the Laurels and being a part of their lives. It was so fun to see the girls I had as Beehives, grow up, be with them again as Laurels, graduate, and get married in the temple. I hope the same for these three girls. It was difficult the following day to be released as their advisor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great trip for you and the girls and Susan!

The Kammeyers said...

Oh, seeing the pics of Ivar's makes me miss their fantastic Northwest salmon! I'm sure the girls loved having an advisor like you. How fun! :)