Friday, August 28, 2009

Introducing our first Grandchild: Miss Ella


It was a long day, especially for Katherine, Ella and Matt. James and I waited in a state of anxious patience for the big event. We had frequent updates from Matt, and we took Matt up some dinner and 20 'It's a Girl' Cigars we had bought at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. While there I spotted a stuffed elephant that was so cute I had to get that. Katherine loves elephants! We fell asleep in the family room waiting for news. Finally it came at 11:40 PM! Ella was finally born! She weighed 8 pounds 3.6 oz and was 22 inches long! We are so excited! We had to make phone calls to Great-Grandparents and aunts and uncles and send text messages to others. We arrived up at Mt. Hood Medical Center at 12:10 AM and spent an hour there with the new little family.






















New little family






















Auntie Angel and Grandma Rosemary





Matt, Grandpa and Grandma Kathleen with little Ella











Grandma, Grandpa and Ella

































Grandpa and Grandma with Ella

2 comments:

troutdalite said...

Wow Kathleen, it's been fun to read your blog catch up. I got from Ella through the piano refinish. All I can say is that you guys are oh so productive...and have a lot of fun. I'm thankful for your journal and camera! I'll get back later and enjoy more! Nice job : D

Katherine said...

Our little girl is so gosh darn cute! And almost a year old...We're so excited for her little cousin to get here. PS: Not to give you more posts to catch up on, but you have been tagged--see my blog for details.