Saturday, April 21, 2012

Dinner without electicity

We usually try to do this on Monday night, however, we were watching Logan while his parents were in the hospital having little Livvy-Lou. (All are doing very well.). We decided may be up to doing these dinners, but not quite with a toddler.

James asked me earlier in the day if I would be willing to eat a 'MRE' with him by candlelight. So that is what we did. James had to have it on our fine china with a white tablecloth--like that would happen in an emergency? ;P

He had a beef patty with gravy, cracker with cheese/bacon spread, another cracker munchie and trail mix. There was also a drink mix. I had spaghetti with meatballs, cracker with peanut butter, oatmeal cookie, drink mix. I passed on the blueberry cobbler.

James had a flame less heater that came with his dinner and we used it on mine too. Despite this, our dinners were both cold. We decided that in a fix, despite being cold, an 'MRE' would hold body and soul together. We plan on buying more to have on hand when needed.

0 comments: