Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday Night-cooking without electricity

I told James that people must be tired of reading about us cooking stir-fry; so James decided to make 'Risotto with Chicken and Asparagus'. The first problem we encountered was that I haven't been in town and have not gone shopping for two weeks. We did not have fresh asparagus, but we did have beans that were..well..semi-fresh--they definitely needed cooking--as did the mushrooms we threw in. We did not have onions, so we pulled out the food storage and opened a can of dehydrated onions. We did not have Arborio rice--we had the pearl kind from WinCo. We did have chicken broth--we added more because we didn't use wine, and we did have Parmesan Cheese. We also had chicken, although I had it marinating, frozen, in Italian dressing. So, yes, we did a totally different recipe than what we had started, but hey, we used what we had. Amazingly enough, it turned out really good!

0 comments: