Mom and I had a pretty uneventful trip to Rexburg, Idaho. We discussed several times about wanting to take the turnoff to Arco at Mountain Home. In the end, the decision was made for us as we watched huge billowing fire clouds in the distance. Then when we stopped for diesel in Mountain Home we saw four fire trucks as they screamed past us and we were surrounded by five additional fire trucks filling up at the station. Yes, the Highway to Arco was closed due to fire. In the end we drove the same way as always--by interstate.
We arrived at about the same time as Kris and Brent. It is so good to be here! Mom treated us all to dinner at Applebee's. As we walked in the restaurant door I immediately saw Kristi--one of the nurses I work with at Adventist in Portland. Then when I rounded the corner, I saw Marilyn, we had palled around and studied together in Nursing at Ricks College so many moons ago. It was fun to see both of them!
Saturday, August 10, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment