We decided to go to Seattle for the weekend to paint Mom's deck. Lauren, Logan and Olivia joined us since Aaron was in Maine at a TDI Fest. We drove up in their Passat--the drive was beautiful, and the kids were so good. When we arrived, Mom had just had a luncheon at her home and so we feasted on Quiche, rolls and cinnamon rolls, as well as fresh baked apple pie. James immediately started working on the deck.
Saturday James and Mom worked on the deck and Lauren and I took the kids up to the mall. As I watched kids buying their back-to-school clothes, I took a step back in time--I remembered the excitement I felt as I had new dresses made by Mom and new saddle shoes. I loved buying a new box of crayons and felt really important when I got older and needed a Pee Chee folder. I remember using paper sacks as book covers and doodling all over them. I felt excitement getting my sons ready for school, new clothes, new shoes, sports fees, all this was exciting to me. I was grateful I had a school fund to help finance it! I loved watching them get on the bus everyday, and yet I missed not having them at home. I miss that Back-to-School feeling.
We brought Ivars, a family favorite, home so everyone could enjoy fish, chips and chowder.
Sunday after church we went to Terrace Creek Park. When I was a little girl we used to drive by this park on our way home from Primary, only then we called it 'Candy Cane Park'. The kids had so much fun sliding down the slides and swinging on the swings.
Thursday, September 5, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment