Saturday, July 26, 2008

Girls Camp


Katherine and I spent several days at Girls Camp, leaving on Monday July 21 and coming home on the night of Thursday, July 24th. The camp was at Camp Kwaneesum in Washington and I went as the nurse. Katherine went as the assistant to the nurse, and I was really grateful to have her there. The first day was quite warm and the next two days were quite cold. We were glad for our warm clothes, but we still spent time sitting around a fire during the day to keep warm. Katherine and I didn't stay the whole week because I had a wedding to attend that Friday and she was going away for her second wedding anniversary.
I have to say that every year I go to camp it is...different. This year was no exception, but (by far) it was an experience I will never forget--one of the girls came to me complaining of bad cramps. I helped her for the next couple of days, it was cold and she was wearing sweat shirts. On Thursday morning I raised up her sweat shirt, realized she was pregnant and that afternoon she was on her way home. She delivered a 7+ pound baby boy less than 40 minutes after arriving at the hospital! I feel very blessed that we didn't deliver a baby at camp at 2 in the morning!

These are some pictures of Katherine repelling down a cliff and walking the Lite Course. I also did this, but we don't have pictures. In the stake play Katherine and I were trees. She was a weeping willow and I was a maple tree.


0 comments: