Friday, June 19, 2009

Square Foot Gardening





We have talked and talked about having a garden and this year we decided to do it. We chose the 'square foot gardening' method. We realize that this year will be a learning experience, but we hope to make it a practice every year.










On the other hand, is our poor apple tree. For 18 years it has put out plenty of apples; last year we canned 38 quarts of applesauce from the magnificent apples we pick the end of July. This year the weather was cool when the blossoms bloomed and the honey bees were still sitting by the fire with hot chocolate. Needless-to-say, our apple tree did not have ONE apple on it this year.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I loved all of your catch up. I feel like I've traveled to Washington, Idaho, Oregon, Wyoming, North Dakota, Colorado (did I miss any?). Plus camped, gardened, wakeboarded, sat by the fire with hot chocolate, sight seed(!), enjoyed family, friends and many other things. Thanks for letting me in on the adventures. See you in the morning! We'll have an urban adventure in "weird" Portland...