Friday, August 31, 2012

Kammeyer happenings part 1

Once again there has been no time to send out an e-mail regarding what we are up too. I can't believe how fast August has flown by! Here it is the end of the month and the only reason I have time to write is because (once again!) I find myself in the car headed east; this time toward Wallace Idaho where we are going to ride the tandem, with our biking buddies on the 'Trail of the Hiawatha'. Then we will be staying in a cabin at Henry's Lake in Idaho for a week as we do Yellowstone, Jackson Hole, Jenny Lake and the Tetons. James and I will be staying a night with my sister, Kris and her husband Brent at the end of the week. We are very excited to get away.

But I am getting ahead of myself.

The first of August found my mom and me in Rexburg Idaho with Kris and Brent. We had a fabulous time! It was a busy time too. James, Aaron and I had picked 80-100 pounds of apples the night before Mom and I headed out; and we brought them with us to Idaho. From the apples we picked we canned 33 quarts of applesauce and 30 quarts of apple pie filling. We also canned peaches and picked beans from Kris's garden and canned 20 pints of those too. We finished a quilt, proof read Mom's life history (so far two years in the making--it seems to get longer and longer.) that we are having published. We took one day and drove down to to City Creek Center in Salt Lake City and had lunch at the Cheese Cake Factory. We visited Mom's sister and her family and Mom's brother along the way, as well as James's sister. On the way back we stopped in Pocatello, Idaho and visited Kris's kids and grandkids. Plus, we found time shop and one night we had a family reunion at Kris's house. Considering we only had six days there, we were quite busy...and tired.

0 comments: