Friday, August 31, 2012

Kammeyer Happenings Part 2

The rest of the month was also quite busy.  On the 18th, James, Aaron and Matt went wakeboarding with Mel in his boat on Lacamas Lake in Washington.  We have missed our boat at various times, but frankly, we have been too busy to miss it much.  We hope to get another in a few years when the grandkids are older.  That afternoon Katherine and I canned  tomatoes and peaches while Ella and her Papa worked on the brakes of Matt's car.  Matt had office work to do in between doing childcare duty.  That evening everyone was involved in helping to move Josh and Kaija's things into Aaron's warehouse.  Allen and Debbie (Kaija's parents) had helped drive up from Utah and they stayed the night with us.  It was fun to visit with them for the short time they were with us.  They have been so gracious  and hospitable when we visit Utah, we were happy to have them stay.  The next day, Josh, Kaija and their dog Maya moved into our home.  They will be living with us for a while; Josh starts school at Marylhurst University in Portland the end of September to get a Masters in Divinity to become a chaplain in the Army. 

That day started 4 days of non-stop (except to work and pick berries and go to church) canning with family helping as much as they could.  I have to admit that the lions share of the canning fell to me, which was hard with two 12-hour days of work.  We did diced tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, peaches, (halved, diced, and sauced).  Finally, at the end of the fourth day, when the last jar was taken out of the cooker I turned to James and said, 'I will never get 40 pounds of peaches and 40 pounds of tomatoes at the same time again'.  He said, 'Didn't you get 4 boxes of each?'. I said, 'yes'.  He said, 'You did 100 pounds of peaches and 100 pounds of tomatoes.'. I said, 'No wonder I am so tired!' (I never was good with numbers!) In between all this, We were also able to pick 40 pounds of blueberries--they were so big and juicy!

Ella turned three on the 27th and and it was fun to get together at Matt and Katherine's for a Mickey Mouse party.  Katherine had made little Mickey Mouse cupcakes that she frosted and the ears were miniature Oreos.  It was fun!

The end of the month saw us all together again for Pizza and  Kinect.  We love getting together with everyone! 

Ella and Papa working on the car brakes.

Everyone helping to move Josh and Kaija.

The grandkids: Logan, Jay, Olivia, and Ella

Josh and Kaija with their dog Maya. Lauren with Livvy Lou, Aaron with Logan, Matt with Jay, Katherine with Ella on Pizza and Kinect Night. We did not get Blink the cat in the picture--she is still 'adjusting'.

James with Ella and Logan 

Sent from my iPhone 4S

0 comments: