I heard from James last night and he said they had left that morning and due to snow in the passes they decided to head into Nevada and up that way. They cut across and were coming down a pass in Oregon--yes, it was snowing--when James ran out of gas. This was surprising because his is the bigger tank. He had to wait on the side of the road while the other guys rode the 4 mikes into a small town--the only town for miles--only to find that the gas station there was closed! They beat on the door and the kind people there allowed them to fill up their tanks and Kirk had a 1 gallon gas can they took back to James. They were able to make it to Burns in that and James filled up this morning.
Since he will be home today, and he seems to be, and has said, he is having a great time, I asked him, 'Why are you coming home from your vacation two days early?' His reply after a short pause, 'It's Thursday isn't it?' I said, 'No, it's Wednesday.' That surprised him. He said, 'Well, I guess that is a good vacation if you can't remember what day it is!'
Today I got this picture. He said that the mountain passes all have 6-10" of new snow. (I suggested they go to the auto store and get chains for the tires...and some more wheels, like training wheels.) So they are headed north to I-84 and then west the ought the gorge. He will be home today.
In other news, the Porsche sold yesterday. James has wanted to sell it to be more prepared if there is an emergency, or downturn in the economy. We have had that car for 9 years, it was very sad to see it go. We thoroughly loved and enjoyed that little car. We are happy that the man who got it was as thrilled about it as we have been. He is a judge from Klamath Falls--I hope this means he will take real good care of it. Aaron handled the transaction for us and we are grateful to him for that.
I am up in Seattle with my mom. All is well here, I will be home in Saturday.
Thursday, March 27, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment