
My Laurels asked me if I would chaperon for 'Relay for Life', and since cancer is something that has touched my life, and I love these girls, I agreed to do this. We had to be at Mt. Hood Community College at 1700. James helped by buying all kinds of drinks, snacks and getting us set up. I prayed that I would be able to make it since I usually get really nauseated about 0200.
Here are Megan Farris, Heather Gruwell and Anna Gaittens.
This is Heather running around the track. Someone from our team had to be walking at all times. It was an extremely hot day and that made it hard to be inside the gym. There was always loud music playing and it seemed that the more into the night we progressed the louder the music became. This bothered me because it was Sunday, but because of the music, it didn't feel like it was Sunday.
This is our team picture!
We stayed up all night and left just before 0800. We hurried home and showered so as to make it to church by 0900. I feel very blessed because I found out that the person who was going to teach the Laurels that day, had forgotten and I looked at the lesson at the last minute and gave it at 1100. I didn't get to bed until 1400 and slept until 1700, ate, and then went to a youth Fireside. It was an experience I will always remember, and I feel honored that the Laurels asked me to do this. This experience felt totally different from when I do 'Race for the Cure'.
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Relay for Life
Posted by James & Kathleen Kammeyer at 5:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I know those Laurels just love you, Kathleen! :) How wonderful to participate in something so close to your heart.
Post a Comment